1. The OnApp Dashboard:
1.1 collects data on the state of the control panel application, including but not limited to: CPU cores, memory, data storage, number and types of hypervisors in use, and virtual machine statistics; and
1.2 sends commands via the licensing client to the control panel for the following purposes:
(a) license enforcement
(b) configuration and code updates
(c) non-personal data collection
1.3 may modify any part of the licensing client at any time without notice for the purposes listed above.
2. OnApp only logs in to client control panel hosts via ssh when requested to do so as part of the support process. OnApp may run any command for debugging purposes when logged in.
3. It is your responsibility and solely your obligation to ensure that backups of your data are in place and OnApp does not accept any liability in respect of any loss of or damage caused to your data in connection with the foregoing.
4. OnApp does not collect, control or process Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) provided by or acquired from you.
5. You agree to abide by OnApp’s Lockdown and Security guide located at https://docs.onapp.com/display/MISC/Lockdown+and+Support+Access+Guide
6. You further acknowledge and agree that:
a) OnApp software will send usage statistics of your product via a regularly scheduled update to its licensing server. The information collected from your cloud contains the number of hypervisors in use, and virtual machines statistics among other things;
b) If you are a Marketplace Seller, OnApp may assume access to log in for initial investigation of an issue, but will not make changes without a response to your issue;
c) When logged into your cloud OnApp support will perform investigation, and will not make changes without authorization from a representative of your organization;
d) You are responsible for the care and maintenance of your hardware, and the implementation of the changes made by OnApp with your authority.