OnApp v6.0 makes cloud faster, easier and more profitable for Telcos, MSPs and their customers
New release of the OnApp cloud management platform delivers up to 100% faster performance for websites hosted in OnApp clouds, brings total flexibility in billing, adds easy import and B/OSS integration, Software Defined Networking and more
London, October 18th 2018: OnApp has launched version v6.0 of the OnApp cloud management platform, which makes cloud faster, easier and more profitable for Telcos, MSPs and their customers. More information, presentations and upgrade options for OnApp customers are available at https://onapp.com/v6.
OnApp v6.0 includes the new version of OnApp Accelerator, which delivers up to a 100% performance improvement for websites hosted in OnApp clouds. It also introduces Buckets, a combined Role-Based Access Control and billing engine that gives cloud service providers total flexibility in how they package and price their cloud services; new Software-Defined Networking capabilities; enhanced cloud workload import capabilities; enhanced notifications and cloud automation features; support for VMware vCenter; and improved export for usage data, to simplify integration with Business and Operational Support Systems.
“OnApp makes cloud easy for Telcos, MSPs and other service providers who have struggled to make cloud profitable – either because of the cost and complexity of building and managing their own open source clouds, or because of the commercial limitations of reselling hyperscale clouds like AWS,” said Tim Meredith, OnApp’s Chief Commercial Officer. “The new version of OnApp makes it even easier to build a cloud with OnApp, integrate cloud billing models with your existing billing systems and processes, and get to market fast with your own accelerated cloud services. OnApp v6.0 makes your cloud more profitable and successful than ever before.”
OnApp v6.0 includes the new version of OnApp’s patented website acceleration technology. OnApp Accelerator delivers up to a 100% performance improvement for websites hosted in OnApp clouds, by automatically optimizing web content and distributing it to 20 locations on a global Content Delivery Network (CDN) managed by OnApp. OnApp Accelerator reduces the number and size of web pages, scripts and images that end users need to download, with no loss of quality. It then enables users to download it from the nearest location on the CDN, rather than having to get it from the origin server. This happens automatically, with no website recoding, or DNS/CNAME configuration required.
“We believe everyone should have great web performance – and with OnApp you get that for free,” said Ditlev Bredahl, OnApp CEO. “Our patented Accelerator technology makes websites up to twice as fast with zero effort. If your business depends on your website, you don’t need to know how to set up a CDN, and don’t have to pay extra for a CDN service – you just need to host your site with an OnApp cloud provider. OnApp Accelerator is a great value-add for service providers and helps make their customers’ e-commerce sites more profitable too. For customers who have more complex content delivery needs, like streaming video, we still offer a fully customizable CDN platform – but for the vast majority of website owners, Accelerator finally democratizes website performance.”
The OnApp Accelerator CDN includes locations across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. OnApp absorbs the CDN bandwidth costs, subject to a fair usage policy. Other highlight features of the new release of OnApp include:
- Buckets: a new system that makes it easy to control access to cloud resources, and billing for cloud resources, in one place. OnApp v6.0 lets you decide exactly what to bill for (or not bill for), in any real-world or virtual currency, for any number of tiers of user, department or company – and then makes it easy to integrate usage and billing data with your billing or client management system of choice.
- SDN: OnApp v6.0 gives you the ability to manage networks using VXLAN technology across OnApp cloud compute resources – so cloud providers can build layer two network infrastructure with OnApp on top of existing IP (layer three) networks.
- VMware vCenter support: for VMware cloud providers, OnApp now brings its intuitive UI and enhanced automation and billing capabilities to VMware vCenter, complementing OnApp’s existing vCloud Director capabilities. OnApp transforms VMware vCenter into a secure self-service cloud, making it easy for VMware cloud providers to monetize their vCenter environments.
- Backup plugins: OnApp v6.0 includes a new plug-in framework for specialist backup products, complementing OnApp’s range of native backup options. Plug-ins are available for Veeam and R1Soft.
- Statistics export: OnApp v6.0 simplifies integration of OnApp clouds with service provider Business and Operational Support systems. OnApp’s detailed cloud metering and billing statistics can be exported for overall usage, per-user, per-user group and per-virtual server.
- OVA import: OnApp v6.0 enables you to create virtual servers with multiple disks and network interfaces from OVA templates, making it easy to import workloads from other platforms into an OnApp cloud.
- Hot Storage Migration: OnApp v6.0 automates migration of virtual servers between compute nodes and zones, to help service providers maximize utilization and simplify cloud infrastructure management.
- Automation and notifications: OnApp v6.0 adds a range of automation features to simplify day-to-day management of virtual servers and workloads, and a new notifications system that simplifies the process of creating and sending alerts to cloud operators and cloud users, based on events and transactions taking place in OnApp clouds.
- CDN enhancements: OnApp v6.0 also adds Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Let’sEncrypt support to OnApp’s CDN platform for service providers.
OnApp v6.0 is available as a free upgrade for existing OnApp customers, with a range of managed upgrade options available.
OnApp software makes cloud easy for MSPs, Telcos and other large service providers. The OnApp cloud platform enables service providers to sell the complete range of Infrastructure-as-a-Service products through an intuitive ‘single pane of glass’ user interface – including on-premises private cloud, hosted private cloud, public cloud, bare metal, containers, CDN and Disaster Recovery – and embraces multiple virtualization platforms, cloud locations and cloud infrastructure types, to create a simple, efficient, frictionless customer experience.
OnApp launched in July 2010, and today powers an estimated one in three public clouds. OnApp has 160 staff across the EU, U.S. and Asia-Pacific and is headquartered in London, UK. For more information, visit https://onapp.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.